This website is maintained by Miramar Labs, Inc. (“Miramar Labs”), solely for the purpose of providing general information about Miramar Labs, Inc., its business and products. Nothing in this website constitutes or is intended to constitute medical or professional advice, instruction or recommendation of any sort. Access and use of this website is at the user’s own risk and is subject to all applicable laws, treaties, statutes and regulations, as well as the Terms and Conditions of Use set forth below, which you agree to if you use this website. You further agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical and personal data exported from the United States or the country in which you reside. Miramar may update these Terms and Conditions from time to time by updating this posting.
IF YOU THINK YOU HAVE AN EMERGENCY CONTACT YOUR LOCAL EMERGENCY CARE PROFESSIONAL OR FACILITY IMMEDIATELY.
Terms and Conditions of Use:
Use of Website and Content
All of the content of this website (e.g., all information, text, photographs, illustrations, graphics, sound, video, meta tags, computer code, etc.) is owned by or licensed to Miramar Labs and is protected under the copyright laws, as well as other laws, of the United States and other jurisdictions. Users of this website are permitted to download content of this website only for personal non-commercial purposes or in furtherance of the user’s dealings with Miramar Labs. No other downloading, copying, reproduction, modification, publication, broadcast or other use of any content of this website is authorized or permitted.
Miramar Labs takes reasonable steps to protect your personally identifiable information as you transmit your information from your computer to our site and to protect such information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no Internet transmission is ever totally secure or error-free. In particular, online forms or email sent to or from this site may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail or online forms.
- Miramar Labs uses the information you provide or that we collect to operate, maintain, enhance, and provide all of the features, information and services found on the Websites.
- We will use your contact information, including your email address, without further consent, for administrative purposes, for customer service purposes, to address intellectual property infringement, rights of privacy, or defamation issues.
- Miramar Labs uses all of the information that we collect to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of visitors to the Websites, to improve the way the Websites works and looks, and to create new features and functionality.
- Miramar Labs may use “automatically collected” information and “cookies” information to: (a) remember your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Websites; and (b) monitor aggregate site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed.
- Miramar Labs will not use your email address or other personally identifiable information to send promotional messages unless you have opted in or otherwise requested that Miramar Labs contact you about the Miramar Labs products and services or other information.
- Miramar Labs does not sell, trade, rent or share your personally identifiable information with other organizations for their marketing or promotional uses without your express consent.
- Miramar Labs may disclose automatically collected and other aggregate non-personally-identifiable information with interested third parties to assist such parties in understanding the usage, viewing, and demographic patterns for certain programs, content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality on the Websites.
- Miramar Labs works with some authorized service providers to provide website hosting and maintenance as well as other services, including sending e-mails or other correspondence to those who opt-in to receive such correspondence, for us. Miramar Labs requires these services providers to safeguard personally identifiable information you provide to us. To the extent it is necessary for these service providers to complete their contractual obligations to Miramar Labs; these third parties may have access to or process your personally identifiable information. Miramar Labs generally limits their use of your personally identifiable information to the purpose for which it was shared.
- Miramar Labs may also disclose User information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws or respond to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena, or warrant. In some cases, we may make such disclosures without first providing notice to Users.
- Miramar Labs also reserves the right to disclose User information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to take precautions against liability; protect Miramar Labs from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses; to investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations; to assist government enforcement agencies; to protect the security or integrity of the Websites; or to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Miramar Labs, our Users, or others.
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important to Miramar Labs. For that reason, Miramar Labs does not knowingly collect or maintain personally identifiable information on Websites from persons under 13 years-of-age, and no part of Websites is directed to persons under 13. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use or access our Websites at any time or in any manner. If Miramar Labs learns that personally-identifiable information of persons less than 13-years-of-age has been collected on Miramar Labs without verifiable parental consent, then Miramar Labs will take the appropriate steps to delete this information.
Miramar Labs uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Miramar Labs, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission of information, Miramar Labs makes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
If Miramar Labs learns of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. Miramar Labs may post a notice on the Websites if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing.
Personally identifiable information collected on the Websites may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which Miramar Labs or its affiliates, subsidiaries or agents maintain facilities, and by using the Websites you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country.
Merger or Sale
In the event that Miramar Labs is acquired by or merged with a third-party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information that we have collected from Users as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control.
Collection of Information
As users navigate this website certain anonymous information may be passively collected (e.g., gathered without the user actively providing the information). Such collection of information may occur using various technologies, such as cookies, tags or web beacons, and / or navigational data collection (log files, server logs, clickstream). Some or all Internet browsers may automatically transmit to this website certain anonymous information, such as the URL of the website the user came from, the user’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, and the browser version being operated by the user’s computer. Some or all Internet browsers may allow users to be notified when a cookie is sent or to block cookies altogether, but certain features of this website might not work, or may be less than optimal, without cookies.
This website may use and combine such passively collected information to provide better service to users of this website, customize or improve the website based on users’ preferences, compile and analyze statistics and trends, administer and improve the website or for other such purposes as Miramar Labs may deem appropriate. Miramar Labs makes no representations or warranties regarding the use of such information.
The trademarks, service marks, trade names, trade dress, and products in this website are protected in the United States and Internationally. All are the property of Miramar Labs unless otherwise indicated. No use of any of these trademarks may be made without the prior, written authorization of Miramar Labs or their respective owner, except to identify the products or services of Miramar Labs or their respective owner. The marks MIRAMAR LABS®, MIRADRY® and MIRAWAVE™ as well as the Miramar Labs Logo, are trademarks of Miramar Labs, Inc.
Registration and Providing Information
This website may contain interactive areas or forms wherein users, including patients and physicians, and others may register or provide their personal information, request further information, etc. By registering or providing personal information or information of any kind, users of this website represent that the information provided is true, accurate, current, and complete.
The sender of any communication or information to this website or to Miramar Labs, or its affiliates via this website, shall bear all responsibility for the content, legality, truthfulness, and accuracy of such communication or information.
Comments and Questions
Any comments or questions should be directed to Miramar Labs at firstname.lastname@example.org. We welcome your comments and feedback, but please understand that any information submitted is considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You hereby agree that with respect to any such information provided to Miramar Labs through this website that Miramar Labs shall have a non-exclusive, unrestricted royalty-free license to use such information for any purpose.
No representation, warranty or assurance of any kind is made regarding how current the information is on this website, or the accuracy or completeness of any content of this website. The owners of this site shall not be liable for any damages or injury resulting from anyone’s access to, or inability to access, this website, or from anyone’s reliance on or use of any content of this website.
ALL CONTENT IS PROVIDED TO YOU ON AN AS IS BASIS. MIRAMAR LABS MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE.
Last Updated: January 2014 (MK0003.B)